A wonderful lite pasta dish with traditional flavors
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon Iavarone Bros. "Frutatta" Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-1/3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 1/2 pound Iavarone Bros. "Villa di Pasta" Capellini (Angel Hair Pasta)
- 2/3 carrot, sliced diagonally into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2/3 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1-1/3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup and 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons grated Domestic or Imported Reggiano Parmigiano cheese
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and saute for 5 to 7 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (no longer pink). Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 2 to 4 minutes, or until al dente; drain and set aside.
While pasta is cooking, heat 2nd tablespoon oil over medium heat in same skillet used for chicken. Stir fry carrots for about 4 minutes, then add broccoli and garlic and stir fry for another 2 minutes. Finally, stir in broth, basil and cheese and return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 4 minutes.
Place drained pasta in a large serving bowl. Top with chicken/vegetable mixture and serve immediately.