Sophisticated yet incredibly easy, this dish brings the flavors of Sicily to your table.
- 1 lb dried linguine or whole wheat linguine
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions (from a 12-oz bag)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped (1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (6-oz) cans tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1/3 cup drained bottled capers (packed in brine; from a 2-oz jar)
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta-cooking water, then drain pasta and return to pot.
While pasta cooks, heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking and cook onions and garlic with salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in tuna, capers, raisins, parsley, and reserved cooking water. Add tuna mixture to pasta, tossing to combine, and serve immediately.