Quinoa salad with mint, almonds and cranberries.
- 2 cups chicken broth ½ cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup quinoa ½ cup sliced celery
- 2 Tblsp EVOO 1 scallion thinly sliced
- ½ cup coarsely chopped mint leaves 18 grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup coarsely chopped kale 1 lemon juiced
- ½ cup dry roasted unsalted almonds ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup dried cranberries salt / pepper to taste
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Add quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 13 minutes. Stir in olive oil; fluff quinoa with a fork. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir mint, almonds, dried cranberries, kale, carrots, celery, scallion, grape tomatoes, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.